Monday, June 21, 2010

Sara's First Blog

Hey all! I have been getting up to speed over the last 2 days. Our trip starts in exactly 24 hours and I am excited! Today we had briefing and meetings; these were extremely helpful for me. Nikki and I will be assisting Suzanne during flybys, approaches, landings, airtraffic spotting, etc. Flybys are used to "stop" your time at each airport. There is a fairly specific procedure that you have to follow. This will be great practice and lots of fun to see played out. I am brand new to the "racing" style of flying!

Tomorrow, we are planning on stopping at Hot Springs, AK or Cameron,MO. The legs of our trip will be Waycross, GA, Tuscaloosa, AL, Hot Springs, AK, then Cameron, MO. We hope to get to Cameron in order to avoid some weather that could develop later in the week. Each leg is around 280ish miles. Suzanne's cruising speed(technically, our handicap speed) is 172.3kph; she owns a Beech Bonanza. This is waaaay faster than anything I have previously flown; I fly a Cessna150! Anyways, it should be a great trip tomorrow and I looking forward to it.

We will be keeping this updated throughout our journey! Please check back. I hope to have some good pictures from our flight tomorrow that I will post on here. -Sara