Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2nd day of racing

We flew our second day of racing. Stayed in Cameron, Missouri last night, flew to Carbondale, Illinois, and then our final stop today was Elkhart, Indiana were we are staying the night. Today seemed kind of weird because to me, it is hard to believe that we have only been racing two days,it seems like it has been a few days. We only have two legs left to the end of the race route.

So we landed today in Elkhart,and my camera got sucked out when I opened the door to let air in, while taxing and amazing enough it still works. I watched it drop and there was nothing I could do until we stopped and the Airport Manager was nice enough to drive me onto the taxiway to retrieve it. We ended up at a hotel with most of the racers, so alot of us went to Applebees. While in Applebees, the tornado warning went off on the TV.

Carbondale stop was neat. They had a band playing for us, as well as the cafateria being opened for us for free food and drinks. It was a nice relaxing stop. I am just happy to say all racers made it into a RON spot.

Nicole