Friday, August 14, 2009

sad news

I just got an email tonight,saying one of the 2009 air racers from team 31, has died an in airplane crash Wednesday in Minnesota. Irene was one of the sweetest girls, and the whole team was the nicest girls. Irene, you will be missed. Irene was so young looking,everyone thought she was like 18,or younger. I remember sitting behind her on the bus going to the Iowa aviation museum, and finding out she was married and she was at least 20, and she has a kid and I was like no,you don't look over the age of 18.
This is the second female pilot I have known to have crashed this year,and not survive. Chandy from Lincoln, Nebraska was the first, she was practicing for an airshow I was going to go to, and everyone kept trying to talk me into asking her to race,since she was one of top aerobatic performers, and I never got the chance to.