Monday, August 3, 2009

OSHGOSH

Have to say, 1 day is no where near enough. After driving all night,we made it to Oshgosh at 600 in the morning. So we decided we needed a short nap before going in. At 730, we decided to go in, and all I have to say is WOW!!! It was alittle disappointing in that most of the booths didn't open until 900 am and closed by 500pm, and I was happy to see Ford there, with the 2010 Milan(the car I really want) and Honda had the 2010 Fury(motorcycle I really want). They had the famous p-51's( my favorite airplane) even cooler yet, I reconized two of them,being from this area. I came home with four bags of free stuff/business cards/magazines, etc. I also bought two shirts, including one from GIRLSWITHWINGS.com. I met up with fellow racer and owner of girlswithwings.com. She said if I get sponsors, then she would be willing to be my partner,which is awesome. I also met up with two of my fellow plane-girls.
Oshgosh was awesome,and am excited to hopefully go back next year,and hopefully unlike this year, I won't be sick. I started getting sick Friday night before we left,and driving through the country just reeked havoc on my allergies. So by the time we got to Osh, I was ill. All the walking around, I did manage to wear the soles of my shoes that I bought a week before the ARC,completely down, if that gives a clue as to how much stuff there is to see at Osh.