Sunday, June 28, 2009


Nikki & I capture 5th Place over-all! We'd like to thank our sponsors for their support, fellow racers for their fierce but friendly competition, and the Air Race Classic for coordinating a race spanning nine states. Maybe this will sink in while Nikki sets up her classroom in the morning & I'm somewhere sitting left seat in 41M. Until then, I'll be flying high sans plane.

Earlier, a few of us took a ride over to the Iowa Aviation Museum in Greenfield. What a collection of aircraft, pilot supplies and memorabilia! Here, our senior-most racer Bea stands beside the first type plane she flew.

I know Nicole has many more pictures that she will be posting in the near future - as soon as she gets her computer back & has her homework done ;-) . I look forward to seeing them.

Thank you again everyone! Much health to you all,

Sq